Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

 I love Panera's soups. I wanted to replicate one of their soups quickly, so this is what I came up with. It's so good that I make it regularly when the weather is cold and time is short. Serve it with a thick slice of warm, crusty bread and you're in business!


Wild Rice and Chicken Soup

1 box Wild Rice and Long Grain Rice Mix
4 cans Swanson chicken broth (not the cheap stuff!)
1 onion, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced carrots
2 T. olive oil
3 cups of diced rotisserie chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup

Cook onions, celery, and carrots in olive oil until tender. Add 1 can of chicken broth plus 1/2 c. water. Add contents of wild rice mix. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 25 min or until all liquid is absorbed. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. 

What's your favorite soup? Hope the weather warms up soon... I'm itching to get in the backyard and grill! 

1 comments:

PK

I REALLY like your new blog idea and am so very proud of you Lara for sharing your recipes with others.

For you fortunate people to find this: I eat Lara's cooking every day and I gotta tell you that she is THE BEST COOK in the history of the world - EVER!!!

I would like to see you actually cook these recipes on camera and add them to your blog! That would be awesome! You should do it!!!

;)

Followers

About Me

My Photo
physicschick
Texas City, TX, United States
View my complete profile

What's Cooking?   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP